Hot Crack Filler
Hot Crack Filler Services
The deterioration of any asphalt parking lot comes in stages. The main goal here is to keep your asphalt protected with a routine schedule of sealcoat and maintenance. However, there are times when cracks will occur. While we can’t stop cracks from forming, we can slow the process.
At Crocker Asphalt Services, we protect parking lots and other asphalt structures that develop cracks secure through our hot crack filler services. Learn more about this process below!
WHAT IS CRACK SEALING?
As we’ve mentioned earlier, hot crack fill services are a method asphalt providers utilize to mend cracks that form in asphalt pavement. This method is commonly referred to as crack sealing which involves hot sealant from kettle machines being applied to existing cracks to prevent water intrusion.
- Crack sealants are rubberized and have the ability to seal the crack while staying flexible with the pavement’s movement.
- Beneficial for active cracks that continue to extend in size and severity over time
- Crack sealants stop water and debris from entering the crack, protecting the longevity of the pavement.
WHAT ARE THE STAGES THAT LEAD TO CRACKS?
Typically, most asphalt will be subjected to cracks over time. The main contributing factors include high traffic volume, prolonged sun exposure, and poor or infrequent maintenance, to name a few. While small cracks seem minor, they can further develop and create hazardous conditions down the line.
The most common phases of asphalt cracks occurring include:
- Sealcoat begins to wear down the surface
- As a result, your parking lot becomes discolored or faded
- Asphalt dries out, making it weak and open to cracks.
Hot Crack Filler Services!
Let’s face it. Nothing looks more unsightly than a parking lot riddled with cracks at every turn. While this situation needs to be addressed, it doesn’t necessarily mean you need new asphalt pavement. That’s why hot crack filler services can save customers substantially with crack sealant services instead of having a new driveway or parking lot paving.